- We support the Hope Christmas Wish Tree, filling special gift needs and requests. St. Stephen’s provides special gift requests for some Helen Porter Nursing Home residents.
- We continue our Sunday collection of food items and encourage extra donations to assist those in need over school vacation and the holidays.
- In 2020 we will initiate a new ministry of collecting diapers for children in shelters during the 12 days of Christmas leading up to Epiphany.
- We collect new socks during Lent for homeless and diabetic people.
Fall Fund Raisers
- CROP Hunger Walk: In early October, we field a team of walkers (and non-walkers) raising funds for the hungry far and near.
- On a Sunday after services, at Coffee Hour, close to Thanksgiving, we have a small in-house fundraiser for Habitat for Humanity Addison County and Episcopal Relief and Development.
On-Going Food Related Efforts
- Every Sunday food is collected during the Offertory for our local Food Shelf.
- Every Monday, Community Lunch is provided at St. Stephen’s. During the summertime, our Community Lunch program is held at Charter House.
- Friday Night Community Suppers – 3 times a year St. Stephen’s cooks a full, nutritious evening meal for around 200 people. Contact Tom Turley
We provide at least 4,000 meals to our community each year. Peasant Market and donations support this ministry.